Saturday, February 6, 2010

writes again

Morning! After a long break, I think it's time for me to write something ^^ actually a friend of mine "kinda" reminded me that I didn't write for quite a long time.
So, it's now my fourth semester in Faculty of Medicine University of Pelita Harapan and I've been doing quite okay both academically and with friendship. Last semester's examination results have been announced around two weeks ago. Some were surprised, some were satisfied, some were just happy and some were just "without any expression". Mine were.. well, not as expected, but it's quite okay though.
During Christmas break, I went to Surabaya to meet my grandma, uncle and family, and my grandma's cousins. It was great to meet them after all these time :) I planned to stay in Surabaya until 7th January, but my friend offered me to go to Bali together with three of our friends on the 4th. Two of my friends and I did arrange the accomodations and soon we were off to Bali and were back on the 7th. Okay, now back to the present.
I've been quite struggling with the new block, Gastroenterology (it's basically studying about the digestive systems and all the organs involved). The schedule is a bit unusual because up until last block we had at least one lecture everyday, but during this block we have like three labs and only about 2 lectures in a week. It's as if we purely learn by ourselves with only a little bit of "guidance" from college board. Yes, we do still have PBL classes to trigger us to self-learning, but still, lectures are important as well.
It's the end of the 4th week and still have another week to go (next week's topic is on pancreas). I just hope that the next block's schedule is way better than this block's and have more lectures so that we are "guided" more because I feel I didn't learn as much as I'm able to.
Okay, I guess quite enough about college.
CHINESE NEW YEAR IS COMING VERY SOON! Next week, precisely. Soo excited to greet family members with "kiong hie kiong hie" or "gong xi fa cai, shen ti jian kang, wan shi ru yi, da jia ping an, yong yuan xing fu", not because of the red envelopes, though. Okay, I'm a bit hypocrite. Fine, of course I'm waiting for all those red envelopes, with piled paper money :) Oh by the way, Chinese New Year this year is celebrated together with Valentine's Day! It's not a big deal for me, though, because I don't think I have something special for Valentine's Day.
Then four days after, I'll be celebrating my mother's birthday together with my friend's birthday as well. Two years ago, if I'm not mistaken, my mother's birthday was celebrated together with Chinese New Year. Well maybe some day, I'll be able to celebrate my birthday together with Chinese New Year? Maybe :)
Soo I guess I'll be waiting for 12 days for both Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day while struggling with Gastroenterology block. Exams are after the next block, Kidney if I'm not mistaken. It'll be like Musculoskeletal and Cardiology exam, which were during the same week. This means: STUDY HARDER, I hope so. It's just quite hard for me to "climb the stairs". It's a bit of my fault though because I wasn't focused and wasn't studying hard enough during my first year especially the second semester, which was meant to be my "foundation" for my course in Faculty of Medicine. I regret that a couple of times. Argghhh, I hope I'm able to catch up and study harder, and hopefully the results will be satisfying.

2 comments: